September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
September is Childhood & Teenage Cancer Awareness Month - Please show your support by Texting - GUYF23 £2 to 70070. Thank you.
Yorkshire Spartan Race - Sunday 28th September 2014
Yorkshire Spartan - Sunday 28th September - Ellington Banks, Ripon. HG4 2RB
The Spartan Sprint is 5K of Mud with 15+ Obstacles - You'll know at the finish line!
Are you up for the challenge? Join Team Why Guy? Contact us for more information
Claire - Leicester Half Marathon & Louise - Yorkshire Marathon
Close university friends of Guy’s took part in the Leicester Half Marathon (Claire) and the 1st EVER Yorkshire Marathon (Louise) in aid of Guy’s Charity. A Fantastic achievement ladies! Thank you.
Great North Run
Great North Run Many congratulations to Matt Pannett for his PB of 2 hours 8 minutes – he’s already looking forward to next year!
The Best York 10K Yet!
York Run for All 10K - Congratulations to the Why Guy? Team for taking part in the "Best Ever York 10K".
York 1.5K Mini Run
York 1.5k Mini Run - Well done & many thanks to our youngest supporters - Jess & Phoebe for running in the York 1.5k Mini Run.
Yorkshire Dales Walk
Yorkshire Dales Walk For All - Many thanks to the Graham Sunley & Co Team, Carol Bird & Bruno the dog for completing the 14 mile walk.
The Spartan Race
The Spartan Race - Clark, Adam, Olly and Craig before they embarked on 25 extreme challenges - a fantastic achievement through mud, ice, fire and even more mud!
YORK 10K RUN / WALK
Sunday 4th August 2013
If you’re thinking of taking part in this year’s York 10K – either running or walking
Team WHY GUY ?
We will :
- Give you a Why Guy? T-Shirt
- Create an online JustGiving page for you
- Support your fundraising including any events you may want to hold
- Cheer you on around the route on race day
All we ask is that you raise as much as possible by asking friends, family & colleagues to sponsor you
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR THE ENTRY FORM
Also there are FREE PLACES FOR TWO CHILDREN’S RUNS
which follow the main race.
MINI RUN 1.5K - Aged 3-5 years accompanied by an adult.
JUNIOR 2.5K - Aged 9-14 years
Sale of Christmas Cards 2013
Sale of Christmas Cards 2013.
Using a beautiful snow scene photograph taken by Guy's father Mike, we embarked on producing charity Christmas cards to sell. Many thanks to Reprotech Studios Ltd, York for all their advice and support. We are grateful too to Joseph Rowntree School and to Graham Sunley & Co. Ltd who agreed to have their own batches of our cards over-printed for their business use. We are most grateful to all our supporters who bought and sent out cards. It was good to know that every card carried a message about the charity's aims all over the country and further afield as well.
Christmas Carol Service, St. Helen's Church, Thorganby - December 2013
Christmas Carol Service, St. Helen's Church, Thorganby - December 2013.
Thank you very much to the congregation at Thorganby's Carol Service this year for the kind donation made to this charity and also to the members of the Church in Wheldrake who purchased our charity Christmas Cards. Many who contributed knew Guy as he was growing up in the area and kindly continue to take an interest in all that his charity does to try to carry out his wishes. These are to increase awareness and funds for vital research into this devastating cancer in order to improve the outcomes for future teenage sufferers.
- Teesside University Business School Book Sale - October 2013
- Twilight Race for Life - 25th October 2013
- The First Yorkshire Marathon - 20th October 2013
- Leicester Half Marathon - 13th October 2013
- Great North Run - 15th September 2013
- Jane Tomlinson Walk for All - Yorkshire Dales Walk - 18th August 2013
- Marie Curie Walk Ten - Harewood House - 9th August 2013
- The Junior Mini Run held after the York 10K - 4th August 2013
- The Jane Tomlinson Run for All - York 10K - 4th August 2013
- Marie Curie Walk Ten, Castle Howard - 20th July 2013
- Race for Life, Leeds - 23rd June 2013
- Race for Life, York - 2nd June 2013
- Cake Bake Sale at Joseph Rowntree School York - 15th May 2013
- The Big Break - April 2013
- Charity of the Year 2013
- Past Events
- 418 Steps for Guy – 14th August 2011.
- Four Fantastic Friends of Guy have run the London Marathon
- The Third Jane Tomlinson Run for All – York 10k Run – 31st July 2011.
- 101 Supporters of Guy Francis Bone Cancer Research Fund ran in the Second Run for All – York 10k Run – 1st August 2010